Friday, October 29, 2004

Thai Food

Pattaya Thai Restaurant

My wife and I went to dinner at this Thai restaurant we frequent. She had baked catfish (usually we stay away from seafood at Thai restaurants but this place specializes in seafood). I went more traditional and had masaman curry, which is available with beef, pork or chicken. I asked the waiter which he recommended, and he instantly answered "beef." No hesitation, no equivocation, no fear! Beef. And he was right. Both entrees were very good, as usual. We highly recommend this place.

2 comments:

UnknownVariable said...

Mmmmm Thai. Never heard of catfish thai before. Must be a Georgia thang.

Did you have any appetizers? I've been on a mee grob kick as of late.

Now I'm hungry.

/mr bolts out the door for some lunch

ALD said...

No appetizers. My wife is not a big fan of appetizers, so lately we've usually just been getting entrees. Dinner last Tuesday was one of the few occasions when we got an appetizer.

I love mee grob, but when I've ordered it somewhere other than Bangkok Cafe in Davie FL, I've been disappointed so I don't usually try to order it anymore. This place Pattaya Thai does not have mee grob; they do have satay and pad thai as appetizers, which we've sometimes ordered but not this time.

Great...now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot.