Saturday, December 29, 2007

What's with dry cleaners?

I had just dropped off some dry cleaning, including some shirts to be laundered when I noticed that my claim ticket was for $9 or so too much. I went back in, and the dry cleaner tells me that the last three shirts needed to be dry cleaned (something he did not mention when he took the shirts). The first shirt in fact did NOT need to be dry-cleaned although I can see why somebody might have made the mistake (although of course checking the label before deciding to do this w/o informing me might have been a good idea). The other two shirts could not have been mistaken as needing dry cleaning by anybody. I hope his attempt to steal $9 was worth losing my business because I will never be back (I had just picked up $48 worth of cleaning and was dropping off another $44). Bad move on his part, I think.

If I had a dollar for every dry cleaner who has tried this particular con on me, I would not be rich but I would definitely have enough for my wife and me to have a nice dinner at Ruth's Chris.

No comments: