Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Not bad for an amateur

Just going to toot my own horn here for a minute...

My predictions for the presidential election were pretty good for an amateur, not perfect but way WAY better than any of the pundits and "experts."

The final tally looks to be 286-252 Bush.

My errors were
  1. Colorado did not pass the resolution splitting their electoral votes, so the state went to Bush 9-0 (where I had predicted 6-3).
  2. Iowa (7 electoral votes) went to Bush (I had figured Iowa to be one of the closest races, but I thought Kerry would hang on to it).

Some of the states that were called incorrectly on some of the more popular sites.

  • Florida - ElectoralVote
  • Hawaii - ElectoralVote, Tripias, DalyThoughts, RealClearPolitics
  • Michigan - Wall Street Journal
  • Minnesota - Wall Street Journal, Tripias
  • New Mexico - ElectoralVote, Tripias, ElectionProjection
  • Ohio - PresidentElect, Wall Street Journal
  • Wisconsin - PresidentElect

No comments: