Saturday, February 12, 2005

Greenhouse Grill

My wife and I went out to dinner at the Greenhouse Grill (in the Hyatt Regency in Marietta). We were not impressed.
  • Ambiance was adequate but hardly outstanding. The view was non-existent. Noise from the bar and (even more so) from the ballrooms was overwhelming at times.
  • Service was downright poor. It was slow (particularly when you consider that only four tables were occupied), and they made a $6 error on our bill.
  • The menu on their website boasted sizzling sea bass and orange beef tenderloin medallions, neither of which existed on the menu when we got there.
  • The food was the only redeeming quality, and even in that regard, all I can say is that the food was prepared well. It was hardly memorable, and the portions were not particularly generous.

My wife had salmon with tomato lemon jelly ($22), and I had chicken ($17). Neither plate really warranted the price.

No comments: