Friday, February 11, 2005

Saigon Cafe

Had lunch there with some co-workers. I was thoroughly unimpressed. I order the pho (noodle soup) with shrimp. It was passable, but not great. I've had better. A friend ordered the pad thai (despite the name, the restaurant had a number of Thai dishes in addition to Vietnamese), and that looked like it would have been a much better than the pho.

However, what really got to me was the bad service. It was slow, really slow. And they forgot one of our entrees altogether. After bringing out the missing entree, they had still not brought out our appetizers. When we asked about them, the waitress got snotty, really snotty. "You didn't have any appetizers. I asked you if you wanted rolls, and you said no." And the tone with which she said it, as if she were lecturing to unruly children. Yeah, the seven of us are all mis-remembering. Thanks for setting us straight.

No comments: